Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fat Spiders

I've had quite an exciting couple of weeks. Having signed up to a business ideas course, I realised that an idea I had years ago might be worth investigation. Rehearsal Studios like the one in Utrecht, DB's. I thought a good place to start would be to find out how many studios I could fill by asking local bands. Just from the Cambridge bands site I have 5 replies, all positive saying that we need rehearsal space. I need alot more and I'm meeting Jane from the Babylon Gallery in Ely who is part of the East Cambs Arts Council about putting a survey together and reaching all the local bands in the area. The Cambridge Bands site is OK but limited in terms of the number of responses. I'm hoping I'll get more over time - I got 5 over one week, but they have just stopped and I know there are more bands than that in East Cambs!
I've produced a Power Point Presentation, spread sheet of numbers and a survey, in a flurry of activity. Next thing, a few responses, I respond with a survey for them to fill in, they return it, I input them into my spread sheet. Then I get a meeting with Jane. Then next thursday is the course. It's there to get ideas for a business, ironically I just thought of one but it gives me a chance to look at my options and work out if I've chosen the right course of actions.
Rowing is going well. Last Sunday we went out in the eight again, aparently we were very steady for novices. It was very tiring, both concentrating on technique and rowing, so I asked if I could do some training during the week on the rowing machines they have there. I did a session on Tuesday and then went out in the mixed VIII with work today at lunchtime.
Toby and I went Ceroc Dancing on Monday, we are going to start going again a couple of times a month, we can't really afford to go more often than that as it's £7 a go each plus parking and a pub meal in Cambridge but it's a bit of exercise and it's great to be dancing together. Talking of dancing together, the 2nd Dance mat arrived on Monday so we are doing dance offs while dinner cooks when we get home from work! Tob's getting really good - we are about the same level now, so that's good for dance offs too.
It feels good, this new activity. I've had a bit of muscle ache, but only pleasant bits where you know you've used your muscles and are feeling stronger as appose to when i over did it training when I was an instructor - I just got fed up with aching all the time. It was bound to be my fault for over doing it, i just have a tendancy to over train. I think the rowing and dancing is a good way of being active without too much risk of over kill.
We've been watching the Paul Mckenna thing on telly too about using programming tips to perminantly re-programme how you eat and stop over eating, thus finding a naturally slim weight and staying there. I've bought the book from Amazon - I want to give this a real go, I know I don't binge any more but I think I've learnt to eat too much and eat when bored etc. I would be quite happy if I could settle at about 85kg - that's neally 20kg to get rid of. I might actually be able to buy some nice clothes then.
I want to go into that Tob and I have started bonking for a baby too, that's as much detail as your gonna get...

No comments: