Tuesday, January 27, 2009

bedtime!

Last night was the second night for Leon in his bed, rather than in his cot.

Over the last few days I've been slowly clearing the mound of soft toys from his bed and the night before last I completed the task. When I said 'time for bed', instead of getting into his cot as usual, he just lay on the bed instead (they were side-by-side). I asked him if he wanted to stay there and covered him up, and he seemed fine. Actually I rolled back the blanket and replaced it with the duvet from the cot, but he stayed put. And he didn't run about, although that was probably because he'd not slept in the day.

Later that night when C and I were turning in, we heard a 'thump!' - he'd fallen out of bed. Fortunately he'd not hurt himself, and hadn't even woken up! I put him back in and tucked him in and he was fine. I assume he didn't fall out again, because we weren't woken by any more thumps!

I must say I like being a parent because when Leon's not winding me up, he's very funny, either because of what he says or what he does. I thought him falling out of bed and just curling up on the floor was very funny, I couldn't stop chuckling :)

So, as I said, last night was the second night. He did get out of bed once, but ran back to bed when I came up to investigate. It was quite late so I turned his little light off. He asked to hold it (he snuggles up with cars, little light, water bottle as well as soft toys) and that was the last we heard. And I don't think he fell out either :)

Little boy's growing up :)

No comments: