Thursday, August 05, 2010

Flowers in the Garden Early August.






We are still keeping the bees busy, I've had a few successes flower wise and quite a few failures. I planted hundreds of Echinacea bulbs all over the garden, not sure where they'd be happiest and none have come up. The one I bought from a car boot two years ago is happy. It spent a year out the front and I moved it spring 09 to here and it's looking very happy.
The Hollyhocks are a great success but other than trying to keep the rust at bay, chopping leaves I can hardly take credit as once you have them in your garden, they get everywhere.
The cosmos has been a sucess, i grew that from seed this spring. I've been harvesting it for cut flowers for months now, and the more I cut it the thicker it gets.
I've invested in an Echinacea White Swan and a Yellow Achilliea. Hopefully they will be happy next to the veg.

No comments: