Thursday, December 08, 2005

week of coughing

Last friday I was off work with a temperature, felt better by saturday, Tob's birthday. Tob wasn't too keen on his present unfortunatley, t-shirt turned out to be completly the wrong colour and made Tob look really pale, strange that, for a geek t-shirt. Saturday morning, I entered a competition on the radio and won! got interviewed live on radio, talked with Liz kershaw about how tasty Dave Grohl is and won a whole load of CDs and DVD's Bridget Jones box set, Harry Potter t-shirt among other things. I'm really looking forward to seeing what I've won!
We went to London in the afternoon, IKEA for christmas decorations, plates and roasing tray for chrismas then to a leaving party for Alerik and Anne who are moving to Australia for good. Their leaving party was in a little Irish pub round the corner from St Pauls Cathedral. It was nice to be in the City again, I do miss it. It's a very special place for me.
On Sunday we went into Cambridge for a couple of games of Dance Dance Revolution and to see Harry Potter. Very good, shame they missed out 2/3 of the plot. I was coughing and had lost my voice so I got some lollies to see me throught he film cough free and managed to lick the surface of my tongue off. Didn't cough though!
Been coughing like mad all week, still no prize in the post, I emailed the bbc just incase it had got lost in the post but she hadn't sent it yet cos she was waiting for the Harry Potter stuff. I'm off tomorrow so I wont have it until monday. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas!
On wednesday I had my consultation for the vein in my leg. The consultant was very frank, he said I could have the operation but it would not be without risk. If during the procedure, they brushed against the nerve, there is a 1 in 10 chance I could have pins and needles in my feet for the rest of my life. He also said there was no guarantee that they wouldn't come back and the whole thing would have been for nothing. It doesn't hurt and doesn't seem to be getting any worse so I chose to leave it the way it is. For a start, once I start having kids they might go the way of my mum and then any surgery before hand would be a waste anyway. I'm glad I don't have to go through with it. Funny how one doctor sees it as neccessary and another not. That doctor in London was wierd any way. He said I should take aspirin everyday to thin my blood. The fact that my blood pressure is 70/120 didn't seem to matter. He thought my hart rate was too slow, 55bpm. I told him that it was because I cycle alot and was quite fit. He thought it was just slow. I'm glad he's not my doctor now. Reports from Ellen say our doctor now is really good. Apart from that I've spent most of my time not at work on the sofa with a blanket, which is where I am now, waiting for Sex in the City to start!

No comments: