Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Swimming and girls toys



We went swimming this morning as usual. He's been waking up disgustingly early lately even with it getting darker. This morning was just before 5am. I think by about 5.45am Leon and I were fast asleep on his floor - I wasn't allowed to leave the room so I set up camp on his floor and then he wanted to get out so I with his sleeping bag still on, in the dark, I yielded but as I thought might happen he fell asleep next to me. Fortunately not on me so I could move about which was a blessing. We then slept until 8am, Tob overslept because we weren't there waking him up so he didn't leave the house until just before 9am.


Back to swimming, today he managed to swim, with chest floats and armbands, completely independent of me. I just let go and he was swimming! I was never more than a couple of inches away from holding him but it was really amazing. He was actually swimming!!!


Every time we go round to friends who have little girls and they have their own buggy, he is straight in there and plays with nothing else while we are there much to the annoyance of the girls. A couple of friends have said 'you can find blue buggies' but I wasn't convinced, it's a girls toy, I don't care what you say. Today, however, in Oxfam, for £4 I spied a very dark blue buggy with blue seat with snails and bugs on. Since getting it out and giving it to Leon at home he has been playing with it continuously. Changing his nappy was like 'Never! prize this out of my cold, dead hands!!!' Much to my amusement. He's finally playing with something else now, just to prove me wrong. I think it's more because he needs a sit down having gone round and round and round the living room and kitchen with buggy, teddy strapped in. The fact that he loves it so much is reward enough.

No comments: