Saturday, April 11, 2009

Half way through Easter






















Good Friday, the last thing I expected was that I'd be gayly pushing Reuben and Leon on the swings at 9.30am while the sun shined. Me with the boys on the bike with trailer and Tob had cycled down to the swimming pool, only to find it didn't open until 10am, it was sunny and mild and half an hour in the play park went by in a flash. We all had a lovely swim, highlights included Leon jumping in and landing in the water without being caught, coming up to the surface and swimming to the side numerous times with then without armbands (with tummy band vest). We cycled back home, Reuben crashed for a couple of hours sleep, Leon and I crashed on the sofa and slept through finding Nemo and Tob played Wow. Then Tob cut the grass and I did some gardening well into when it finally started raining. Considering heavy rain was forecast all day, the sun only went in about 2pm and the rain didn't start until about 4pm.
Leon must have caught a tummy bug at some point because we had histrionic nappy changing sore bum complaining just before bedtime, then a long and drawn out not wanting to go to bed and finally when he got into bed, he was sick all over the bed, himself, miffy, then me and the bedroom floor. Having changed us all and the bed, I went back up to check on him only to find him being sick all over the clean duvet. I managed to confine it to the duvet so I only had to replace the duvet. He ended up sleeping under a double duvet from the spare room while the rest duvets and all have all since gone through a 60 wash and gone in the drier - this is one of the handfull of times I get to use the drier we have stashed in the garage. I said if I never used the drier, we'd get rid of it but it definitely has its uses. Leon was back today in his bed with clean everything fresh out of the drier. I'm still working my way through the back log of washing.
Last night saw the return of Red Dwarf. A brand new series, I watched with interest but other than the fact I will probably watch this new series, I'm not really impressed. It's like Mr Kiplings cakes, they are really not that nice but you just can't help eating them if they are put in front of you.
Today, I wanted to get into town early like we'd done yesterday but it didn't work out the same. Reuben showed signs of needing a bottle and a bed about 9am, earlier than usual, so I obliged him and woke him up to go into town about 11am. He was happy to be woken and the boys were both happy to go into town in the back of the car. Again, the forecast yesterday was rain all day which is why we drove but it stayed dry. The traffic jam into Waitrose carpark went quickly while we sang old macdonald to the boys and Leon made up the animals. We had tractors (of course) then cows, tigers, caterpillars, monkeys, bunnys and crocodiles I recall.
Leon is really good in town now, without pushchair, he'll hold our hands and cooperate pretty much most of the time. He's very helpful in Waitrose and will fetch and carry with instructions. In the library, Reuben demonstrated his readiness to start cruising and I am beginning to suspect he might skip crawling and go straight to walking. He has started commando crawling (belly etc) but he pulls himself up on everything he can. So cruising will be the answer I suspect.
On our return home, this time after lunch, first Leon went to bed, then Toby, then Reuben leaving me to watch Finding Nemo, do a bit more gardening and chill out. Suddenly it was 4pm and I'd promised Sue I'd pop round with Dylans birthday present and pick up details to pick up our Bat for Lashes concert ticket for Monday in Cambridge I'm buying off her because she can't go. I could hear Reuben had woken up so I went into each bedroom one by one, first Leon's to open the curtains and say rise and shine! we are going out! then our room, where Toby lay tucked up, then Reuben's, opening all three sets of curtains. Within minutes we were on our way to Sue's where we spent the rest of the afternoon chatting with Sue and Jame's and Sue's mum while Leon played out in the garden with Dylan and Edward and Reuben made his way round their living room floor finding things he wasn't supposed to eat like newspapers, Dylan's books he got for his birthday etc.
The boys are both in bed, Doctor Who is waiting on Sky+, Tob is cooking a stir fry and the chocolate nests I made for tomorrow's outing to Bressingham are cooling in the fridge.

No comments: