Wednesday, April 08, 2009

must buy creme eggs


























Count down to Easter, I've even cut down on the amount of chocolate I consume so I will enjoy my egg all the more.
I have an interview the end of the month for a part time post at the tourist information office in Ely. Fingers crossed. I absorb facts, especially historical so I'd be in the right place. As much as anything else I will become a font of knowledge on all the things to do with kids round here which will be no bad thing.



Last Sunday we were on our way to Anglesea Abbey for a walk when we stopped by in the centre of Ely, where to our delight, we found a collection of vintage cars and tractors on the Market place. Leon had a fantastic time riding tractors. I love the smell of engines, I have no idea why but even going in the shed in our garden, I take a moment to savor the smell of the lawn mower. I hate the smell of petrol at petrol stations but engines and bikes I love. At Anglesea Abbey we had a sunny afternoon and I managed to pick up half a dozen knocked down hellebores and half a dozen other herbs and flowers, mainly for the front garden. The front garden is my project for this year, I figure we see more of the front garden all year round so lets make it as pretty as possble. The back garden is pretty much established and really just needs maintaining. Which reminds me, I should ask Toby to mow the lawn this weekend, Easter or not.

No comments: