Monday, October 24, 2005

A week of GM

All of this week I've been covering the PA to the MD while Gill was on holiday. She thinks he's a bit of a monster. I actually enjoyed it and I quite like him. I made myself useful, I think I did a pretty good job and kept him in a good mood. It was a good experience. GM lives in York, I asked him about York Minster, he said it was the largest medeval building in the country. It captured my imagination. Maybe our next cottage holiday in the summer could be a cottage near York. I'm sure there are zillions of things to see and do round York.
On friday, Ellen and Dan came round for fish and chips, having had a coffee after, I ended up staying up really late and falling asleep on the sofa about 2am watching Voyager.
Saturday Morning, we slept in, got woken up by Toby's palm bleeping, he had a look, it said blackberry. We looked at each other, no clue. Later on, in the shower, Tob said, thornless blackberry! a fornight ago on the farmers market I ordered on for Ellen. Anyway, lucky he remembered. We headed into town about midday, picked up the blackberry bush and some shopping from waitrose, went and had lunch in Ellen and Dan's conservatory then came home to pack for London.
Tob wasn't feeling too well and came home an fell asleep on the sofa, I packed then got angry cos Tob had fallen asleep and left me to do everything. I felt so unsupported plus I couldn't find my nice shoes. I gave Tob hell, he got his arse in gear, and we left. We argued all the way to Cambridge and got it all sorted and kissed and made up by the time we picked up Liela in Cambridge to drive to Claude's place in Ealing.
We had a good natter all the way down the M11 with Leila, it was only the second time we'd met - I've been friends with Claude for so long and it is great to finally make her aquaintance.
From Claudes to Kentish Town...

No comments: