Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's been a weekend of extremes. I made a starbucks style frappuchino at home with Green and blacks chocolate ginger icecream, espresso and milk, which would have been stimulating enough, but then I ate a chocolate espresso brownie bought from waitrose with a huge latte made with my impressively tasty Senseo Coffee maker and frothy milk. I was up until 1.30 am!
Tob and I watched 'Walk the line' the Johnny Cash film. Good film, restless evening. Fortunately, I drank jugs of weak Bottle green Sweet lime cordial (new found flavour) to try and make up for the diuretic effects of the coffee chocolate high.
I managed to sleep it off Sunday then spent what was left (about 30 mins) of the morning plus the early afternoon doing pregnancy yoga. I'm having a very relaxed day. I've made a list of stuff to make a hospital bag. It seems like a good time to start thinking about these things. I've got almost everything already, just the new born nappies and disposable knickers!
So far the list looks like this:
Baby:
Pack newborn nappies
Wipes
Mini Sudocrem tub
Portable changing mat
3 newborn vests
2 Babygrows
2 Sleepsuits
2 Blankets
2 sets scratch mittens
Hat
Cardigan
Car Seat
2 prefolds
Hooded towel

Me:
Travel Hairdryer (ask Sarah)
Shampoo, Conditioner, Showergel
Bodylotion/face cream
Pack of sanitary towels
Disposable knickers
Night Dress
Slippers
Dressing Gown
Pyjamas - 2 bottoms, 2 vests
Change of comfortable clothes
Breast pads
2 Flannels
2 large towels

CD player & CDs & batteries
Magazines, books - big birth book
Birthing/fit Ball
Support Pillow
Snack Bag
Bottles of lucozade

If anyone thinks of anything I'm missing, you know the drill.

Well I'm on my 5th episode of Buffy season 1. No more chocolate brownies. Tob is very sweaty and smelly having just cut the grass and keeps threatening me with his stinkyness. Next DVD please Tob, thanks.

No comments: