Sunday, August 13, 2006

Well the weekend is drawing to a close. From Friday evening to this evening we had an open house. Friday was more like just family, Saturday, it rained continuously which made the whole BBQ garden idea totally unworkable. Tob and I got together and resigned ourselves to this and then regrouped to have an indoor BBQ, put the ovens on, organised the furniture and got on with it.It was good fun, got to see lots of people I haven't seen for ages. We got given alot of bottles of champagne and a selection of nice plants.
All sorts came round, possibly only half of the potential guests - I'm sure if the weather had been better more would have shown up.
Friday afternoon there was a surreal moment when Dad turned up, I was making some trifle and I had my Mum and Dad in the same room bossing me and my trifle around, it was hillarious, a real family trifle!
Saturday afternoon was quite hard work, keeping everybody fed on 'bbq' out of the oven, trifle, alcohol, coffee and tea depending on their tastes.
My boss came too, which was a bit of a surprise, OK I did invite him but I invited loads from work, I knew a couple were definatley coming but I'd not had confirmation. He's such a nice bloke, luckily him and his wife liked the home made trifle.
Sunday, the weather was much better so we actually had a BBQ outside, with two lots of people, some for lunch and then a new batch in the evening. I don't think the dishwasher has been on so much in the space of 48 hours before.I'm shattered but happy.
We now have Brent and Jantine for the week to finish off the party food while they sing sing sing in Ely Cathedral. Tob's introducing Jantine to World of Warcrack, Brent is just finishing off the 2nd knitted booty for Billy bob and oh, they've just logged off and are getting out the Dance Dance Revolution Mats for a little dance off!!! I'm just watching....

No comments: