Friday, March 27, 2009

Maiden Voyage

Well today was our first trip out on the bike with the trailer and it was really good. When Leon first sat in the trailer, he had his mouth open speechless face like 'wow! this is a car for me?' I asked him if he liked it and he said YES! with a big smile. Reuben didn't like wearing his helmet and there were more than a few tears shed while getting it fastened under his chin. I succeeded in not pinching his chubby chin even if the angry cries suggested otherwise. He seemed to enjoy the ride and was happy with the whole experience. On the way home at lunch time he fell asleep so he must be pretty relaxed. I left the bike out the front at lunch time and in a relaxed and dignified fashion was able to do lunch and get them both rested. Leaving the house in the afternoon for coffee at Hannah's was pretty stressful, Reuben was all dressed up and ready to go, I was strapping Leon in the Trailer and came back in to get Reuben only to discover he'd pood again so, back out, un-strap Leon bring him back inside, strip Reuben back down, change and dress him, he didn't like that, then the helmet again . I was not popular with him at all. We got to Hannah's OK, it was very windy but otherwise fine. I detect a significant level of passive aggressive behaviour from Hannah most of the time, and today was no different. She let me in, told me to take of Leon's shoes and walked back into the living room leaving me to keep Leon's shoes off her precious carpet, get him out if his coat, hold Reuben, get him out if his stuff and myself. Forgive me but if I invite someone over for coffee, I would at least offer to hold the baby so they can get coats off witout a juggling act involving a 9 month old and a toddler. Then it took an hour to be offered a cup of tea. I can only deduce that she doesn't like me but the only way she chooses to show it is in a way that only I can notice. This is apparently passive aggressive. She comes across as very timid and shy, I am of course, not so is this her way of dominating me? I feel very dominated and small, so I hope she's happy.
Boys are in bed, all's quiet upstairs. Tonight was the first time Leon's gone to bed without stories (something he really looks forward to and enjoys). We've threatened if he was naughty during bedtime hour this would happen but he's never pushed it to the point where we had to go through with it. Tonight it took the form of tipping water out of the bath onto the floor, on the third time, that was it, he'd been warned. He didn't like it but equally this should hopefully go a way to him realising what we say, we do. We got alot of crying and shouting but he got the message and went to bed.
Lots of preparing to do tonight, Penguin and Emma's wedding tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. After my pizza, I'm off upstairs for a bath, a soak rather, and then I'll have to do my hair so that tomorrow morning it should hopefully need a touch up along with makeup. I'm still not 100% sure which dress I'm going to wear so once I'm showered I will have a try on and ask Tob what he thinks. Very much looking forward to that pizza.

No comments: