Sunday, February 05, 2006

this was another image I found, i doubt I'll use it but I do like it. I got an email responding to my Valentines day top 3 from bbc6 music. The producer of one of the shows emailed me and has booked me in to the BBC radio thing in cambridge to record me talking about my three tracks. As I now have to go to London for Landmark on Monday, I'm going to ring her and ask if it would be possible to do the recording in London. Then again, thinking about it from a business point of view, I might pick up something useful in Cambridge for when I need to be getting publicity for the plug in. Decisions, decisions... I've always wanted to go the bbc in London, what do I choose?
My records were:
the get it on track: Gay Bar - Electric Six - Well, we are a funny couple... When this was on the radio and telly all the time, we would jump up and start posing and gesticulating whilst singing along. By rights this should have been the first dance at our wedding, we plumped for frank sinatra in the end...
The our song track: Small - Lamb It's about going up a hill and looking out over the city and realising that you are entirely small and insignificant, utimatley leaving me with a sense of how free and lucky I am. For me it illustrates how to have it all, you need to give it all away. Tob and I when we first met took a good half year before we were officially a couple despite the intensity of feelings from both sides. I was scared of loosing my independance and survival skills, Tob was scared of letting me down and not being good enough. In order to love each other we both had to let go of our fears and put our humanity into perspective.
The breaking up/heart break track: The Saxophone Song - Kate Bush. The kick inside has seen me through my parents splitting up, adolescence and countless break ups. The thing that takes me through it all is music, music is my first love and the Sax was how I chose to express that. Whether alone or in love, music will be there to love. Posted by Picasa

No comments: