Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring came last week











Last week we got a taste of what spring could be like, it's not so good looking this week but it was lovely last week. Dad came on Tuesday and stayed until Thursday. On Tuesday I took Dad along to Leon and Reuben's swimming lesson, Dad took Reuben but it wasn't that comfortable for him as the pool is quite shallow and his knees aren't great at the moment. I think he enjoyed seeing the boys bob about I'm glad we went. Wednesday I asked Ellen to take the boys and we went to Cambridge on the bus, the bus to Cambridge is a fiver return and stops outside the house pretty much and takes us all the way into Cambridge. Dad and I are very much into our Trains but this was just to good to bother getting across Ely to pay more to go by train. We went round Kings College Chapel, something I've been meaning to do and had a wonder around the Fitzwilliam Museum which I like to do given the opportunity as there's loads of good stuff to see there, it's a very under exposed museum considering what they have there. It was great to be going to Cambridge without a list of stuff to buy and a tight time schedule.
Thursday Dad got me to look up loads of stuff on the tinernet and order a film from the US and some stuff from Amazon, he's kindly paid for a bike trailer for the kids so I can get around Ely better. It's arriving tonight, I'm really looking forward to putting it together in the living room!
Reuben is 9 months today and I caught him not only getting from sitting to his front but back again to sitting! He's getting pretty fast at shuffling around. He's started to grab the bars on his play pen and in the hand rail in the bath so he'll be pulling himself up soon too.

No comments: