Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trailer!!!!


I am very happy and excited, I have to admit on many levels I've been waiting to get a bike trailer for kids ever since they were first invented way before I had any kids to put into one. I should make clear at this point that this was not the reason I had kids but you get the gist.
I took it out of it's box this afternoon, first the two 20" wheels and then the folded body, it folds really nicely. I just put it down, and instinctively it could be unfolded and secured together mostly with pins that go through joins. The cover has so much Velcro on it I began to wonder if cycling in general would be the same these days had Velcro not been invented.
Then I went into the garage and put the thingy that goes on the 'host' bike's rear axle on my bike once I managed to find a dumbell spanner in the bottom of a box. God knows what's happened to my bike tools, that garage needs a sort out and we've only been here just under a year.
My Brompton high pressure mini pump pumped up the two 20" tyres in no time - I have a spare brompton pump as my first brompton was nicked and all I have to show for it is the pump. This will stay with the trailer. It's been persisting with rain all the time I was in the doing this but I was far too excited to wait for a break in the rain so I went out for a spin anyway. It was beautifully smooth, if light without the boys in it yet. Reuben will go in the seat behind me on the bike for the time being - research shows he'll be safest there until he's a year or so. Although saying that, if it was really raining I'd put them both in the trailer as otherwise Reuben would be pretty miserable and wet in the seat. I bought him a bike helmet today £25!!! I forgot how dear they are. I'm almost tempted to cycle round to Ellen's and put them both in it now regardless of the rain. I will resist this and make a shepherds pie instead. They can have a first run tomorrow me thinks.
I must send this picture to my Dad who sponsored this acquisition along with the DVDs he got me to order for him last week. Very chuffed indeed.

No comments: