Saturday, September 24, 2005


I've been in the front garden again, and I'm testing my new camera phone. I planted all them hundreds of bulbs last weekend, this week I found 3 days of cat/small dog poo in my freshly dug soil. So I've put down spikey rose and bramble branches, some upside down plastic bottles half filled with water and some anti cat spray. I've also put the alpines I had growing round the back in the herb pots from Victoria Chambers out the front in the pea shingle I dug up to make way for the bulbs and Ellens donated me some house leaks so the stoney bit has lots of little hardy ground cover. I got three herb plants from the farmers market today, sage, grapefruit mint and something with little flowers I've forgotton the name of to give it some green interest. I took some of the chamomile from the Acer pot too which will spread as ground cover. Hopefully that will all keep the cat at bay. I've got some cutting and house plant loam compost too so I can take cuttings. Ellens given us some money towards a little potting shed too which is really generous of her. She was thinking of giving us their little shed but it looks great down the bottom of their garden. We moved it today to make way for their conservatory.

No comments: