Monday, April 10, 2006

11 weeks and 5 days

Well this is now the official dating scan thing. The estimated due date is the 25th of October. Tob and I didn't leave ourselves anywhere near enough time to get across Cambridge not to mention the biggest hospital complex I've ever seen. I was 10 minutes late for my appointment but they were running late so Tob had time to catch me up having parked and we went in together.
Having been jellied the woman pushed the ultrasound so hard into my tummy it felt like I was being elbowed in the stomach. It worked though and she found my little pumkin very quickly. we could see the heart beat flashing. I was very moved to see it there, it was really there! I hadn't made it up and it really was this thing alive inside me, growing like mad.
Tob channelled most of his emotions into complaining about the lack of signage in the hospital and being very protective and wanting everything to be straight forward. Once we'd got across Cambridge, back outside my work he got all happy and emotional, letting it sink in. Our baby pumpkin! Posted by Picasa

No comments: