Sunday, April 30, 2006

Yesterday we watched another amazing episode of Doctor Who, they brought K9 back. The best quote (forgive me as this is from memory)Mickey says "Oh my god, this makes me the Robot Dog!"

Spent a very nice Saturday afternoon with Sarah, James and their one year old, Elizabeth, they came round for lunch loaded with baby stuff they can't use which was fab, Tob made lunch and we went for a trip down to Anglesey Abbey and lode Mill. What was also great was we drove cross country, which is nothing unusual but this was not an area we usually go to. The Fens are beautiful and we passed through the beautiful village of Swaffham Prior. I can see us taking family there for a day out in the future.

Elizebeth had a tough time in the Abbey, so much stuff to see and touch and there were 'do not touch' signs everywhere, it was hard enough for me. She was most gracious.

I bought some plants, well £4.50's worth, so not a huge amount which I've now planted in the front garden with the rest of the Sempervivums (House Leeks) and alpines in my little rock garden bit. My god I'm dull.

Well went to see Kreuzdammer in Cambridge. They are members of the Goth Film club, make lovely loud industrial, dark NIN, like music. I can stay awake! I think I might well be getting my energy back for the 2nd trimester! I'm sure the glass of coke helped, it was a bit dissapointing as the venue cocked up the timing and they could only do 2 numbers as the place was only licenced until 11pm.
It was very loud and there was a fair amount of jumping around. I realised it might not be the best place for a pregnant woman and at that volume, I'm glad it will be a few weeks before pumpkin will be hearing stuff through the amniotic fluid. I very much liked it but it did make me think.
The last gig the resembled this was NoMeansNo at the Worlds End in Camden which must have been about 3 years ago. It used to be a weekly occurance. How lives change.
Now, I must get down the garden centre and buy some soil! I have tomatoes to plant.

No comments: