Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blog silence


Due to Sky Broadband switching us to them 10 days before they planned to give us the modem we have been without Internet for 10 days. Bleh. Yes we rang them and complained fruitlessly on their 0870 number, eventually speaking to the most senior person available who said ' no we can't compensate you, yes we are charging you for the 10 days we have left you without Internet but because we have given you broadband access even though you don't have the modem' and what he didn't say but Toby seemed to understand was 'cancel if you like, you will have no Internet for even longer if you do that'. All I can say is it's over now, Sky have won. We do have 3 times faster broadband for £15 cheaper so it's hard to get nasty even if their connection process really sucks.

I took Leon swimming for the first time last Monday, no pictures as you can imagine but rest assured it was wonderful. He loved the water and I even let him go under and swim back up to the surface a few times, holding him and making sure he wasn't under for more than a second or so. He didn't choke or splutter just spat out some water on surfacing. All in all very enjoyable. Ellen and I are going to take him now every Monday afternoon, with Ellen taking him back home after so I get to do a few laps on my own.
Picture is taken in the Townhouse Freehouse in Ely, this is my Post Natal Group Mums, getting a bit merry on very little to drink, for most of us, this has been our first night out without spouse since giving birth. It was cringe worthy as you can imagine, I've never been out in Ely on a Saturday night and I'm not about to start doing so. The pub did have a DJ and the set was suitably awful tracks with a couple of nice surprises - Depeche Mode, Just Can't Get Enough and a bit of Abba which reminded me of a few good nights out way back when with Jose and Martine in Utrecht. It was good for us girls to get out occasionally but it was depressing to end up in spending the night screaming the words to Walking on Sunshine. It would be great to be able to go to a Karaoke night, I guess they might do them in Cambridge but I'd love to organise one for us in Ely.

No comments: