Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday












We managed to pack alot into today, breakfast in bed, full church of england sunday service at Ely Cathedral, Sunday roast at the Welney Wetland Trust followed by a good walk around the wetlands. Ellen and I got in for free by wearing 'Easter Bonnets' recognisable as summer hats looking a bit funny for the rest of what we were wearing but the girl at the admission desk passed them as Easter Bonnets. Leon's was the best - he had a duck safety pinned to his cap!!! Spot Dan wearing my bonnet in the third photo - I didn't notice it when I took the picture. I hurt from laughing.


The service at Ely was pretty good, we got to sing Lord of the Dance and Thine be the Glory, both I doubt I've sung since school and quite enjoyed. On radio 4 this week they accused the Church of England of a 'Corporate error' because the most important day of the Christian Calendar hardly gets a mention. They said that they are too busy arguing about whether or not they approve of being gay or not and if so what next. Organised religion eh.


Welney is stunning, we came back with that lovely red cheeked feeling.


The weather was glorious, a really lovely day.

No comments: