Wednesday, August 01, 2007

First time fall off the bed

Yep, Leon has finally fallen off our bed. He was more angry than hurt but pretty upset. It's only about 10 inches so not a great height anyway. It happened before I could stop him, he just sorta rolled off in a hurry to reach something on the floor, it wasn't head first so that's a good thing. I gave him a cuddle and congratulated him on his first fall off the bed. I dare say, the first of many in the name of 'satiable curtiosity.
I was up from about 1.20 am until 3am last night in and out of bed while he wouldn't go back to sleep. He woke and I fed him which usually takes 20mins or so, but he wanted both boobs, it was more comfort than hunger in my opinion so I tried cuddling him to sleep, putting him back in his cot and holding his hand or rocking his body which sometimes works. It took ages to get him sleepy again - he just wants me there - he went off for about 20 mins then woke again and was standing up in the cot. I put him back to lying down a few times and went back to bed, leaving him to cry a couple of times, this worked for a bit, he woke again. I decided to ignore him which worked and it went quiet again after about 3 mins. When Tob went in in the morning (he did sleep 'til gone 7am, I'll give him that) he was curled up in the corner where he goes to stand so he probably gave up standing and went back to sleep again. At least I know he can get back down when he wants to, half the problem is now that whereas before, I could put him in his cot, kiss goodnight and even if he cried, he'd be lying down so eventually he'd go off to sleep 9/10 times. Now he can stand he just stands there and cries bitterly until I go in and give him a cuddly/feed etc
I just hope that by the time we go on holiday he's a bit more OK with nights again. We will be in the same room as him and the travel cot won't be as easy for him to stand up in, but I don't really want to be up all night with him while we are away.

No comments: