Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I have to go to addenbrookes now everyday to be hooked up to the ECG machine to check he's happy and so long as the leakage is clear and I don't have a temperature I will refuse induction as long as I can. The NHS site recommends 96 hours, Addenbrookes like to do it in 48 hours but they can't force you to. We've done loads of reading up from books, mummy mags and the internet and they all say the 'risk of infection' is based on outdated research. I was really torn at first but from what we've found out, even from the NHS sites, we are within our rights and sanity to hang on as long as the baby is comfortable and I don't have a temperature etc.
I just hope Bbob won't 'push' this too far as the Doctor I saw this morning was quite intimidating and wanted to keep me in right there. Tomorrow I only have to go to the midwife bit, which is thankfully doctor free so I think that they might have the message. I've not booked an induction and have said so long as his vitals and mine are OK I will wait. It means going into Cambridge everyday, the car journey at least bounces him about! With any luck it won't be much longer.

Waiting is the hardest part...

I look forward to introducing him to you soon!

No comments: