Tuesday, October 24, 2006

no news, says report

Yesterday Christine had another examination - BillyBob is 4/5ths engaged, which means he's on his way, but taking his time. Lots of kicking and hiccups, and he's in the right position, quite low down now, but no way of knowing when he'll make an appearance.

The examination was early, 9.40, and it was a lovely morning as we walked up to the Lantern centre. And while I held Christine's hand and slowed to her pace, somehow the nervousness I had felt recently changed to eagerness and excitement. Cant wait to meet him :)

The astute amongst you may have realised that it was Monday yesterday... no I hadn't started paternity leave early, I had both a dentist and a doc appointment to go to, so I'd negotiated the day off. Wasn't restful though! M&D came over and, like mini whirlwinds tidied up the kitchen, front garden, hedge, lollipop tree and borders! Me, I ended up digging out gloop from the back drain (glue and grout and sawdust from the kitchen works I believe). Took a while but I eventually got it flowing - worth the effort as we'll need it to empty the birthing pool (it comes with an industrial pump!).

Now I'm back at work, have to try to concentrate on learning the system, quite hard! Wondering when my phone will buzz and I'll rush to the train :) Can't wait :)

No comments: