Friday, October 13, 2006

Last day at work

Ahhhhh, officially on maternity leave.

The day started with a little too much denial that I wouldn't be around to fix their Adobe problems, create super quotes and stir up stuff noone else will because I don't believe in 'putting up with things' and somehow can take the mick but remain focussed on improving the situation. As I've been backing away, I've realised how much my tenacity and curiosity has taught me and that other admin team members didn't have/need/aren't expected to be Adobe wizards who can fix strange requests or formulate spares pricelists with no technical knowledge whatsoever. I had fun doing it. I hope my replacement does too...

We went down the pub at lunchtime. I spent the afternoon in a vain attempt to give Sue, my replacement anything I could think of that might help. Lots of people came over to chat, swap home emails and eat my M&S chocolatey bites. I got presented with an enormous card, a cute baby outfit and some Mothercare Vouchers.

It feels funny leaving. Having a kid's going to be harder work, more challenging and more rewarding. A new Chapter begins...

No comments: