Sunday, October 29, 2006

My waters went last night so it shouldn't be too long now, the midwife came and took a swab and took all the vital signs. I've not had much more than a couple of twinges since then. Last night, when they went Bbob was fast asleep and didn't wake up or move which is why I called the midwife out. Of course when she put the monitor on him he was fine and when she left at about 4 am he woke up and wriggled while I was trying to sleep which was reassuring.
So far we've played monopoly, watched a film, bounced about on the birthing ball. I've got through about 6 surf board size pads, they have all been clear of muconium so I'm optimistic we might make it before I need to think about being induced. There's a snow white mucus on them which I presume is the creamy stuff all over the baby when he comes out.
Anyway, I hope it won't be much longer but we could be in for a long night...

No comments: