Sunday, October 08, 2006

The nursery's looking good!

It's been all go this week!

Last Sunday James, our neighbour, helped me move the old green settee from the living room to the garage, and my dad helped me dismantle the futon sofa, which was in the nursery, and reassemble it downstairs. This gave me the room to build a changing station, which we'd bought the day before at Ikea.

Then during the week the wardrobe arrived from Littlewoods and I built that, and Christine emptied the old wardrobe into the new one.

Today my parents came round to help us prepare. My dad helped me move the old wardrobe into the garage for extra storage. He also built the cot (from Kiddicare) while Christine and I did our weekly shopping :)

We're planning a water birth in the kitchen - we're hiring a big oval pool. So my parents have taken the kitchen table, and mum cleaned the floor this afternoon (under the table there was a layer of grout or something that only came off with a good scrape). She also painted the exposed skirting, hoovered upstairs and cleaned the bathroom, which was fantastic!

I finished off the fixings on the wardrobe, did lunch (tuna jackets), cut and fitted a piece of skirting that I'd put off doing, sorted out the garage and looked after Christine, who arranged things in the nursery and drank raspberry leaf tea :)

So it's all coming together - I ceremoniously unrolled a pay-mat we'd got at Ikea and plugged in the glow-in-the-dark thermostat (glows blue, yellow, orange or red showing you if the room's the right temperature for the baby). My mum put a Poo bear and a train on the windowsill and put a blanket she'd knitted for us in the cot and Christine piled up the rest of the toys in a toy tube (also Ikea...) so it's looking really good :)

No comments: