Monday, February 19, 2007

Jabs again


Mr Man had his 2nd lot of jabs today. He didn't even cry - the first one, he didn't bat an eye, even with blood running down his leg, the second jab in his other leg, he just went 'oi!' and was alright again. Brave baby.
He's been pretty bright today all things considered and apart from a crabby bit when he was all hot, after a dose of calpol, a feed and a long sleep over at the grand parents, he was in good spirits. As you can see here, he's in his donut, I'm putting him in there every day, usually after about 30 seconds he's had enough as he's not sitting up yet, but today he did about 5 minutes before loosing interest. He does 'crunches' trying to sit up, by holding onto my fingers, he pulls himself upright an then hurls himself backwards up and down while sitting on my lap. Hours of fun. I had a few minutes to spare before his bedtime feed and he seemed pretty bright so I laid him in his cot and read him a story. I got about 10 pages into 'where's my cow' and he lost interest or rather demanded feeding but he seemed to enjoy the first couple of minutes. He's very chirpy when in the right mood and makes the traditional baby goo goo ga ga noises punctuated with excited ah!'s and er!'s. He's also chewing his fingers and dribbling - classic teething signs. Occasionally he seems to be in pain with them so I've started using the Nelson's teething powder which seems to be working so far - it's early days yet. He likes the experience of having the powder poured into his mouth; it's definitely a new experience for him.
The reusable nappies are working a treat. I've not used a disposable nappy since January when I used a couple with his tummy upset during the night. They rarely leak and the daily nappy wash and hang up takes about 5 mins, if that so hardly a problem. I wrote a recommendation of them to Mother and Baby magazine with a picture of Leon modelling an orange stars wrap and they are going to publish it in the April issue. I'm really looking forward to seeing my son in print!
Janet and Maaike are arriving tomorrow, apparently Maaike is well excited, so am I. I'm so looking forward to them meeting my little grub.

No comments: