Friday, February 02, 2007

Women's stuff

Bleh, 2nd period since last january (first one was when Leon was 6 weeks old). I was having peculiar cravings and munchies for chocolate and more chocolate, oh and I made a bread and butter pudding one day followed by home made rice pudding the next - well I had to use up the cream I bought!
I've put on about 3 kilos since christmas, which is a sign that I'm not managing my food or exercise very well. I feel like a bottomless pit, especially in the evenings. Janet, my sister is good at managing food, and cooking healthy stuff I'd like so when she's up here in a week or so, I'll pick her brains for home made pizza recipies etc.
Leon's poo has been a bit on the runny side, it doesn't smell and it's a greeny, browny, yellowy consistency with bits in. It's usually the consistency of mustard but it's runnier than that the last few days and he seems to poo a bit every nappy change whereas before he'd only poo once or twice a day, usually in the morning. I'm going to give it a couple of days - it might be the cream content of my diet over the last weekend that changed it. He seems happy enough. I'll get him weighed next thursday and see if anything there has changed - so far, he's being putting on about a pound a fortnight so nothing wrong so far, but if he's not getting enough or not digesting properly, it will show on his weight gain, I guess.
It's one guilt complex after the next, not only does my strange cravings effect me but him too!

No comments: