Thursday, February 22, 2007

Leon is starting to sit up




After Jan and Maaike left, I resigned myself to the usual washing up of breast pumps etc while Leon sits in his bouncer on the floor in the kitchen. He's been really doing 'crunches' for a while now and trying to sit up, I've tried him in the bumbo a couple of times but he seemed a bit wobbly even though he was holding himself up. I tried him again today and he sat there quite happily, so I gave him a couple of toys to occupy him and got on with the washing up, keeping half an eye on him getting tired and wobbly. He was happy for a good 5 minutes at least, and long enough for me to grab my camera before showing signs of wobblyness. I put him back in the bouncer but he still seemed intent on trying to sit up so I thought, well maybe try the donut, I've propped him up in the donut with a cushion behing him as he would flop back - he could manage a couple of minutes on his front and that was it. Today, he sat up and kept pulling himself up, then flopping back, sitting up, flopping back etc while squealing with joy and eating his bunny thing. I've taken a video of it and sent it to various family members for posterity. When I told tob on the phone this evening, he'd not opened his emails yet and was really tearful and upset that he'd not been there to see it. I'm glad I've caught it on film for him to see.




'

No comments: