Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Leon has his first tooth!



I was really quite happy, my first born's first tooth! Bottom centre right, a little sharp stump. He now has his tongue out permanently like a doggy as he feels it with the underside of his tongue, that or his gums together like an old man without his teeth in.

Most of the day he's been fine, he was visibly suffering yesterday and was sick, the entire contents of his stomach during lunch. I had him on my knee as he'd signaled he wanted to be picked up it was something like hands in the air and his expression said 'mummy i don't feel right' so a instinctively put him close to me on my knee. 30 seconds later we were both covered in sweet potato and milky yuk.

Today he's been pretty good. We had Sarah with Leah and Zoe with Juliette, so Leon had two pretty girls to play with (see pictures). I had a victoria sponge to share out so we all had Starbucks size cake portions (quite large) and a pint of cordial to wash it down before taking them to the swings.

At bedtime, I went to give him some teething granules just as I put him down in his cot. They went down the wrong way and most of his dessert came back up in a pool about 5 inches round just next to his right shoulder and head. Luckily Tob was on hand, I handed a slightly sicky but mostly alright Leon to Tob to replace his sleeping bag, managing to transfer sick on to my new t-shirt that came through the post from my dad. The t-shirt says 'I love being really rather gorgeous which was a quote by (I read this upside down on my chest - it's now in the washing machine) Lady Ottoline Morrell c1920. I will google her and let you know... The t-shirt fits perfectly which considering it was a one size t-shirt and I'm not exactly a normal size was very impressive.

He's gone to sleep OK only half an hour after normal. I gave him the other boob so he's shouldn't be hungry until later now.

I'm hungry though. Wonderful smells of ostrich burger stir fry coming from the kitchen.

No comments: