Sunday, June 10, 2007

Leon's mattress goes down a rung





Yup, Leon is no longer an immobile baby, but a budding escape artist. What with him pulling himself up we thought it time to for the cot mattress go down a setting (there's still one lower but we thought this low enough for now).
Today we took it easy, I'm still not feeling 100% but not far off. Possibly a bit of a hangover as we drunk quite alot of wine with the Italian tagliatelle meal I cooked last night for Ellen and Dan. It was a lovely evening, we put the dining table and chairs out in the garden and ate a creamy pasta thingy made up by me with the Chianti wine brought back from Tuscany by M&D.

Saturday day consisted of leaving Leon with his Nana and Grumps while we did the farmers market, Waitrose and Tesco. Yes Tesco too as we had £20 of vouchers and Tob needed some cheap and cheerful summer clothes. Mission was successful.

Thursday, I was distinctly under the weather, time of the month but with knobs on, I don't think I'd ever had that much discomfort before which made me wonder if it was a very early miscarriage what with throwing up in M&S in Norwich for no reason. I'd asked Ellen if Leon and I could tag along on Thursday to Norwich and I'm glad we went as it was a really nice day. After I'd got Leon to bed I swiftly followed and slept through until 7am along with Leon. Friday, I was a bit better. Ellen kindly offered to take Leon for the Day so I packed him off to Nana's and spent the rest of Friday, either in the bath or on the sofa. Tob did pizza for tea and must have wondered if I'd been abducted by aliens as I only ate 2 slices of pizza and left the rest to go cold.

Yesterday I felt much better, thus cooking big Italian stylie and today OK, as I said, probably the wine yesterday. I did get a few jobs done, as did Tob. Mostly a lazy day. Pictures come to you thanks to Nana and Grumps while they baby sat on Saturday. Plus one I took of leon just about to be thrown scraps for his tea in the garden.

No comments: