Tuesday, July 03, 2007

7 'til 7

Last night, I dropped the 11pm feed. Leon's getting everything he needs now food and milk wise during the day. Up until recently he wouldn't keep 20oz milk in the space of 12 hours down but now it's no problem. I tried it for the first time last night and he went 7.30pm to 7.30am with a couple of squeaks early morning but I left him and he went back to sleep both times without my having to get out of bed.
I'm shattered, I did a double cook off this morning - Lentil and salmon mush and broccoli, pasta with salmon mush. Leon's really discovering his vocal chords and has taken to screaming, shouting and screeching at high volume. He does it when ever, in the bouncer, high chair, during meals, while playing, while being changed. By the time Ellen came to pick him up this afternoon, I was frazzled. He was an angel round at Nana and Grumps of course, Ellen hung around while I fed and bathed him for bed and witnessed his vocal charms so at least she believes me now!
I spent the afternoon meeting a local mum who has set up a website selling baby stuff and specifically really she's really into real nappies, we got on like a house on fire. I hope this will be the start of some sort of collaboration, whether it be casual or professional.
I handed in my notice at Sepura finally having thought long and hard about it and deciding it to be for the best. I got a really lovely hand written note from my boss, Colin in return. He basically said he understood the decision hadn't been taken lightly and acknowledged my 'openness and cheeriness I brought to the team as well as that 'can do' attitude'. I was really touched by him taking the time to write a letter, not just in his capacity as my boss but as a fellow human being, and the acknowledgment was personal as much as professional.
Oh, and I finally got round to cutting the grass while there was a couple of hours of sunshine before Ellen brought Leon back for his tea!!!!

No comments: