Monday, July 09, 2007

hmm quiet

Just taking advantage of 10 minutes quiet. Leon's asleep after a long and difficult lunch of not eating what he normally likes and trying not to worry too much about it but actually wanting him to eat it which always makes it worse.
While Leon was bouncing this morning I managed to get all the stuff off the top of the cupboards so the kitchen looks like we have enough storage rather than a collection of bits and pieces I no longer use, like microwave steriliser, champagne glasses, flower vases etc etc They can all go into M&D's garage until we move.
I feel like I'm winning slowly.
I also got a reply to my response to an article in the Ely Weekly News about Ely becoming more like a dormitory town with it's residents going to Cambridge to shop. My response was about how difficult, nigh on impossible it is to find shop space or even a market stall in Ely and surely the council should be doing more to free up more space so there are actually more shops in Ely. The journalist wants to use bits of my response and is coming round tomorrow to take a picture of me! Well I intend it to be me with pram and Leon as my response was about how me and lots of other mums walk into Ely a few times a week and can't find what we are looking for so end up buying it on-line or elsewhere.
I've also, I hope, got time4tots.co.uk, Hanna's website a mention as she's one of the new businesses trying to get a market stall or shop in Ely and can't get one as there aren't any going.
Ellen and Dan should be here soon, Dan to give the front door coat three of shiny red gloss and Ellen, so we can walk down the the "Paradise" Centre (I use the quotation marks as it's far from "paradise") to take Leon for his weekly splash about.

No comments: