Monday, July 02, 2007

oop north

My uncle Phil got married to his new misses, Sue on Friday, which is also my Grandma's 81st Birthday cor blimey. It was really nice to see all the family and I'm glad Phil managed to get all his siblings in a room together, which hasn't always been possible. There was a really good atmosphere and it was a really good wedding all things considered. The Joneses didn't stay for the evening party in view of Master Jones' bedtime but so no doubt we missed the embarrassing shows of drunken footie friends and their WaGs (wives and girlfriends in footie speak - I came up with a collective noun for WaGs; a strip of WaGs - clever eh?). The women were all very impressed with Tob's 'hands on' approach to fatherhood. He managed to drive off Uncle Steve by talking nappies with a pregnant Danielle, much to my amusement - Steve hasn't changed a nappy in his life, Danielle being one of his offspring. I wonder if he will get to change one of his grandson/daughter's nappy?
Maaike had loads of fun playing with Leon, who was of course star turn. Leon's still not quite crawling much to my relief - I am willing him on but I know that I have maximum a fortnight where he is roughly where I left him. Golden days...
Each day, when I get wee'd on or puked on or both, I mean to blog it so as not to give the impression that these things don't happen cos they do. Every day more or less, there just so you know. Notably today after swimming I was wee'd on from a wobbly changing station while removing a swim nappy. I don't think I was sicked on today particularly other than the usual bit of milk, I did manage to drop Leon's tea all down my trousers, which wasn't his fault. He's doing great food wise. I put a bowl of raw fruit and veg out in front of him from which he picks stuff up, attempts to suck, chew and knaw with his one tooth before throwing it on the floor. Mean while I have time to heat up, let cool down and eventually feed lovingly prepared mush that starts life as very up market food like grilled mackrel and sweet potato or local lamb mince off the farmers market, cooked and mixed with my best mixed veg pasta mush. He was on jars all weekend while we were travelling and I noticed a marked difference in the smellyness and texture of his poo. Normally smelly but not room filling and solid turned to mushy and stinky in a matter of days thanks to Hipp Organic jars. Ok so they are about 3 for a pound but there really isn't anything better on the market for taking away with you. I can't imagine that people feed their kids the stuff day in day out. Ok I have to take the time to cook and freeze but boy, it's worth it.
The B&B we stayed in was really lovely, extreemly good value and delightful, no less because we were able to have Leon in the room next to ours rather than in with us for no extra cost. He slept through until 7.30am which was marvellous. Shame Jan, Nigel and Maaike couldn't have stayed with us as I'd intended. They stayed in the Travelodge, also close by.
The day after the Jones's drove up to Cheadle to see Grandma (Leon's Great Grandma) and my Mum (Leon's Grandma) for lunch. It was a lovely few hours, I'm so glad Grandma's got to meet Leon, I hope she's around to see him get much bigger so he gets to remember his Great Grandma.

No comments: