Saturday, September 08, 2007

just a quickie

I have the Brugge photos in drafts, still alot to go through and I don't want to post too many. I keep meaning to note a few things like how Leon's routine has changed since our return and a week after stopping breast feeding.
Instead of feeding from me first thing, he has breakfast first then a bottle before his morning sleep, which is also now about an hour later at 9.30am. In the afternoon, I give him less milk than I used to so he eats all of his tea then he gets a big bottle before bed. I guess he would have been falling asleep on me way before he got as much as he does in a bottle, so I've moved stuff around. Counting it all up, he's been having as much as 30oz (pint and a half) in a day so he's not going short. Next step will be to get him drinking milk from a cup rather than a bottle, this will save a tenner every 6 weeks in new teats for a start!
Tob's been coming home in time to give Leon his last bottle at 6.45pm and settle him to sleep. Leon is always ecstatic to see his dad but after the initial excitement he settles down nicely. Adult fingers have now become Leon's vehicle to getting around, he doesn't mind who but once he's got you holding his hand(s), he's off! He's also walking much more on the flat of his feet and less on his toes.
Last night he woke up with teeth pain about 11pm, he had decided he wanted a bottle so after the bottle he was settling down in his cot, I sat in the rocking chair next to the cot stroking his his back or holding his hand. I laid Pooh next to him, which he usually likes along with his muslin. His Happy Horse was propped up in the corner - a stripey thing that looks more like a giraffe and plays 'tea for two' if you pull his tail I got in a bargain bin for a Euro in Prenatal, Utrecht cos I liked the look of it. Leon does too, which is why I'd put it in his cot. Anyway, he lifted his head in the half light, saw the Happy Horse in the corner, reached over and pulled it next to him, chirping and chatting to it as if to say 'you lie here'. I sat there grinning like only a Mum can observing him chatting to Happy Horse and Pooh on either side of him while he settled himself to sleep. Looks like he's starting to make some friends...
We've been listening to Black Celebration while I've been writing this and it seems that Leon really likes it, he was bobbing about in time much to my fascination. It seems that judging by the wide smiles, dark music makes him happy, just like his parents, ahhhh.

No comments: