Friday, September 21, 2007

TGIF


Friday at last. You might think this doesn't matter to us 'house wife' sorts but I look forward to the weekend and time together as a family among other things.
It is a constant source of frustration to parents why we spend good hard earned money on developmental toys only to see them unplayed with while the 11 month old is sitting on the floor next to me with a tube of hand cream in one hand, suntan lotion in the other and when he's bored of that he's off to play with the wheels of the pram. Oh, then just to disprove my theory he's now actually playing with his fire engine and blocks. Hurrah!
I wonder what it is that makes a screw driver, or a CD case so much more exciting than the specially designed kit we parents have to obsess over.
I've applied for an application form to apply for a part time job as Clerk to the Governing Body at Witchford College. It's a healthy 5 mile bike ride from Ely, 12 hours a week, some of which can be done at home, mostly minutes and stuff. Looks like just the sort of thing that would be doable right now. The only hindrance would be the likelihood that if I got it, by that point I would probably already be pregnant again, which might not go down well.
Yesterday Ro and her son came to ours. We had a lovely day, lunch here first then a good walk into town, down to the river and back, it was really nice to see Ro and catch up. Somehow we were so busy chatting and getting on with the day, I didn't take any pictures, I thought about it a few times but spent most of the time chasing after you know who.
Back to the hand cream and sun tan lotion after all of 10 minutes with his toys. He's now in seeking out things he can't have mode, my mug, for one. He could well be hungry. He can have a bit of breadstick until lunch time.
The photo was taken by Dan earlier in the week in their garden. I thought it was a well captured moment of relaxation by a teething, restless son with his mum.

No comments: