Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bam Bam

Yesterday I found the quinny pushchair, folded at the bottom of the stairs. It had been, folded, next to the stairs. My only deduction being that Leon dragged the buggy just over a metre, round a corner to where I found it.
Every morning when Tob has his shower Leon goes and stands next to the bath, as far under the shower curtain and tries to get as wet as possible. I've asked Toby to undress him first now for obvious reasons. It won't be long before we just plonk him in the bath for a shower with us.
He is walking further and easier everyday, he walked right through the cafe at the swimming pool and was all for heading right out the exit if I hadn't stopped him. I tried taking his hand and leading him back, no, he wouldn't let me hold his hand so it was a case of whisking him up under an arm and back to where I was sitting. He wasn't amused. He then tried to go into the staff only area using a well used trick in films where they wait for someone to open the door and then go for it. We twigged his plan as did the Lifeguard.
Having spent a week practicing standing and getting up and running off at the same time (not very successfully at first as he would start running before the standing bit was fully mastered) he's really getting the hang of it. He's certainly very determined and will try to barge through anything, hence the Bam Bam reference. I've got the reigns out now! and I'm not afraid to use them, what with the pulling power, big feet and hands and a talent for barging through anything I wonder if he is really in fact a Labrador puppy in disguise. This is were parenthood gets interesting as they say.

No comments: