Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Maaike






Maaike is six today, amazing and flabbergasting. I rang Janet to ask to say happy birthday and of course, she was at school Duh! Eventually I spoke to her this evening just as I was putting Leon to bed. Jan got her a BMX bike, which she is still mastering but very excited with. Jan always wanted one and the girly bikes are too gimmicky not to mention what does a 6 year old need with full suspension anyway. She also got some roller skates, which I'm presuming her Dad got her.

My present won't arrive until tomorrow or Wednesday as numpty here didn't get round to posting it until today despite having the present sitting there nearly a month and going to the post office last Wednesday. Not very proud of that. Well on the bright side it stretches out Maaike's presents so she gets to open more later in the week.

Pictures are of you know who being booky at the weekend, playing with Dad, waking up from his morning snooze this morning, seeing the Geese down by the Ouse this afternoon and messing about with sunglasses I found in among his toys while we were playing just before bed.

I took his strips off yesterday and he had his first bath for a week (phew!) now that his cuts properly healed. I think he'll be fine for swimming tomorrow :)

No comments: