Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A year ago today

A year ago today, my waters had already gone, I was wearing a tens machine pretty much all the time, alternating between sleeping, bouncing on the birthing ball and walking up and down stairs. The birthing pool was ready but not filled in the kitchen and I was having very small irregular contractions.
Later in the evening they got stronger and more regular but it wasn't until about 2am that I got into the birthing pool. It all tailed off and it took the drip in hospital the following day to get them going enough to really kick off Labour. 5 hours later at about 5.50pm on the 1st Leon was born.
I was so looking forward to meeting him, seeing his face, looking into his eyes. A year later he's quite a character and developing fast. He's just started to take an interest in the shape sorters, he can't get things in the right holes but he's started trying. It's nice because now I can play with him. He almost clapped today in his enthusiasm for some music on the radio. On Sunday he got loads of lovely toys, the Caterpillar shape sorter is going down well, so are the bath books both in the bath and at the table (he does love to read while eating) loads of books all being investigated, the tractor is providing lots of stimulation both watching the wheels go round and actually pushing it along. Others will come into their own as he develops. I've now got the treasure chest on the floor in his room and he can get stuff out in the morning to play with before breakfast once I've got him out of his cot and got myself comfy on the floor in his room (duvet usually).

No comments: