Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Head down and healthy at 34 weeks

We had the 34 week scan today to check he's growing according to schedule and to see which way he's facing. They measured his head, his tum, his leg bone and the gaps where there is no baby (not much!), calculated his weight now and estimated his birth weight if he goes full term. The measurements were all average so they were happy with his growth, he weighs approx 2.2kg/4lbs and 15 oz which, if he puts on about half a pound a week puts him between 7 and 8lbs, same as Toby and I were so that's a good size.
He's head down and on his side - not back bone to my back bone (causes complications if he was apparently). The conclusion being he's a good size, positioned as he should be and I'm in good health (did the usual wee and BP tests). So they wont see me until I go into labour now, I'll have the usual midwife visits. We have booked a tour the end of Sept to have a look around the delivery bits of the Rosie.

No comments: