Monday, September 18, 2006

New job!

I started a new job today!
It's a company called The Automation Partnership, in Royston, who make robots for the life sciences (cell storage, cultures, that sort of thing, not animal testing or GM).
I'm going to be doing software support for two of their existing products - bit of coding, bit of solving user's problems. Should be fun :)
Went by train, which went very well, 10min walk from the station and I arrived bang on 9am. Lots of people to meet, forms to fill in, documents to read! I was impressed that they had a PC up and running for me, the org chart already had me on it, and my photo, that they took as I stepped in the door, was up on the intranet by lunchtime!
Everyone seemed genuinely pleased to see me, and I've even got a 'buddy' - someone whom I can ask questions without feeling I'm interfering.
It's a nice bright office, and I get on well with my boss, so so far I'm very pleased and I think I'm going to like it there :)

No comments: