Sunday, May 20, 2007

Friday, Saturday, Sunday whoosh

Well they went quick. Friday I mowed the lawn, tidied and cleaned everywhere in readiness for my post natal group to ascend on the back garden again. It was a smaller group this time but with 5 mums and 5 babies around 6 months, it was still fun fun fun. We were out in the garden mostly but the wind picked up and sent the balls in the paddling pool into the borders so we packed up and came inside.
Saturday was the usual shopping but not before a trip to Wicken for a Baby Booty Sale, we got some nice clothes for next autumn winter for Leon including a nice winter coat, some shirts and some books. I'm kicking myself for not buying an extra 1 tog 12-18month grobag there on sale for a fiver. At the time I was thinking I have enough, but I was including the 2.5 tog ones. Oh well. maybe next time. I made a magnificent batch of quinoa, courgette and parsnip baby mush for Leon, which, much to my surprise and delight, he loves! lucky, when I then put it in containers for freezing, I made enough for 10 meals including the one last night. Phew.
Sunday I painted the garage door which was a boring and necessary job involving cleaning off all the spider muck and bird poo before painting it a nice blue again. Then, feeling confident in my DIY skills I made a mess of painting the fence - Ellen kindly bought us the paint and a spray thing to share with them but neither of us checked it was the right paint for the spray thing and having had a good go at spraying blobby stuff at the fence and using a whole tin on about 3 panels, realised this wasn't quite right. Turns out the paint isn't suitable for spray thingys. An easy mistake to make thanks to Wilkinsons putting both in the same display implying they were for use with each other. I will attempt the other half of the fence in the week using an old fashioned brush so as to use up the paint for colour consistency.
Having been to Bury St Edmunds with Dad on Tuesday, we rather like the place. House prices are similar to Ely, we won't look properly until we have this place on the market/have an offer on it, but will add it to our places to consider. I also considered a village believe it or not, in Suffolk called Woolpit, it's very charming and also about the same price - this is a very nice village so pretty expensive considering. It would involve getting to the next village where there are trains between Bury and Ipswich and/or learning to drive :( but I like the look of the place for some reason.
Leon is as charming as ever, not a day goes by without plenty of laughter, being puked on and/or weed on and he's growing like mad thanks to weening. His high chair padding has come out now as it was getting quite a squeeze and he is well capable of sitting up with out sliding around now. Still no teeth yet, not much teething pain recently either. I'm dying to see a tooth I don't mind admitting.
One of my post natal group sent an email round saying her little boy has had German Measles very mildly. Judging by the symptoms - little spots on back and tummy, coughing and waking in the night, Leon might have had it very mildly too. He had little spots, tiny ones on his back for a day or so, I thought they were a heat rash. He woke up a couple of times in the night a week or so around the same time. As for coughing, he coughs when he screams too hard, usually for attention so I don't know if it's that or a real cough, nothing that would keep him up. It would have been mild, if at all. I have immunity and he's breast fed so if he got it at all it would have been mild. According to Natasha's Doctor, it's common for babies to get it very mildly and not even to really notice it. In a way I hope so because he should have built up some immunity without having to get it really bad which can't be a bad thing. I'm going to sneak off to bed now, Tob will feed Leon and hopefully also get to bed before 11pm.

No comments: