Saturday, May 12, 2007

It's a 30 gigger!

My ipod arrived this morning, in a neat little envelope, in a neat little box no bigger than a double CD box. It's beautiful, and it's not a nano or a mini but a flippin full on 30gb ipod, it can even play films! the wheel thingy is so easy to use, I wasn't sure if I'd find it hard but it's incredibly intuitive. Loading itunes and getting music on there is proving more complicated. Toby had over 70gb of music on his pc and I haven't even started on which CDs I want to upload or found any pod casts - you can get woman's hour as a pod cast! among other things.
The week went quickly, last post was Tuesday and suddenly it's Saturday night. Major things of note being Leon enjoyed swimming for the 2nd time, he still has his underwater swimming instinct and is getting quite excitable and splashy in the water. Friday Becky from my post natal group and I went to Cambridge in her enormous 4x4. I was surprised/impressed at how easy she could park the thing, especially in the Grafton Centre car park. It was a really nice day, we got a few things not findable in Ely in the new Toys R Us with Baby section, Mothercare and John Lewis - namely a really clever cloth thing that fits on any chair and acts as a booster seat for Leon. It works from 8 months but we tried Leon today and he's fine in it. As it fits into a little pouch, it's alot more portable than a plastic one. It was really nice to do a day with Becky and Sophie, it was good to hang out with her.
Today, of course the highlight was the arrival of the ipod but we had a pleasant day in Ely shopping - the usual farmers market and Waitrose. I got to the ostrich stall just in time for the last couple of burgers. I picked up some chili plants for 75p each, some raspberries and some asparagus as it's in season (well the raspberries too). Leon was in his car seat quinny combi and in a pretty good mood, I ended up carrying him round Waitrose, over my shoulder, up side down etc much to his amusement as he was bored by then of just sitting in his seat. He's not getting any lighter. He's having a bit of a scream, Tob has just gone to see to him but I think he might need me... Back again, took about 10 minutes a bit of teething gel, a 5 minute feed to calm him back down. Judging by the screaming, his gums must really be hurting to wake him up and cause screaming like that a 9.30pm.
I'm sitting in my glider chair, laptop on Lap catching up on Season 5 of Angel. I hope Leon doesn't have too much problems cutting his first teeth, from the feel of his gums it probably won't be much longer for tooth number one, bottom right I'm guessing. We shall see. Apart from that, Leon is very jovial, he bounces in his bouncer with enormous vigor, enjoys peekaboo like it's absolutely hilarious and if you sit him on your lap and pull him to standing then let him flop down on his bum then pull him back up again, he shrieks with laughter.
Now, can I be bothered to find out the results of Eurovision after a really scary episode of Angel, I've certainly never seen shown during the day on Sky, this one is far too scary for before the watershed. Ohhheerr.

No comments: