Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tob's in Utrecht until Friday :(





All on my tod, well with Leon so it's not so bad. I do miss him though. Last night I directed him to one of my favorite restaurants in Utrecht, De Oude Pothuis near where I used to live - no that's not a coffee shop and not that kind of pot either.

On Tuesday, having expected to have a full day discovered I'd got the wrong day for my post natal talk on real nappies, that's wednesday and the Post Natal Ladies cancelled lunch due to an out break of German Measles. There I was, I didn't feel like going into town, Sue, Sarah and Sarah were otherwise engaged, M&D are on holiday so what shall I do? So I went for a walk, down to the river, but instead of going into town when I hit the river, I turned left towards Littleport. It was beautiful, absolutley lovely. A good long walk for a couple of hours round trip, Leon slept most of the way. I did manage to burn my forearms pushing the buggy but hey.

On the way back, I stopped at an icecream van on High Barns for an ice lolly - lager and lime! it looked more like radioactive green ice from the planet Krypton but hey again.

Yesterday was the post natal talk on Nappies. There were at least 4 women there seriously considering real nappies so the uptake was good. They appreciated my info leaflet I made, to get to touch and feel the nappies and to see Leon in one. When I changed Leon I even did a demo for them on how they go on him, something I would have loved to have seen before I started using them. I won't say after lunch because I didn't get any lunch and Leon got his at the Little Crawlers thing at the Library. I was down to help set up and clear up at the end. There was a good turn out, the aircon was working in the room which we were all thankfull for. Saying that, the plan was to go to starbucks after but the aircon was too cold in there and we all left before our babies froze.

Today I'm off to M&D's to water the garden as it's pretty hot and has been for a couple of days now. Leon is still napping but will wake soon - I keep hearing the odd grumble but not much more than that. His rooms a consistent 24 degrees now and has been for 2 days, I didn't even bother putting him in his bag last night, just nappy and nightshirt.

One more thing, I got him weighed yesterday, he's just over 18lbs taking him over the 50th Centile, he doesn't look fat though, still lean and wriggly.

No comments: