Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Internet

(one of an irregular series of posts trying to catch up with my blogging - this week, The Internet)

Christine and I had to suffer a week without the internet last week. I at least had email at work, she had to use her phone to read hers. The internet has become like a cross between an umbilical cord and a comfort blanket. Several times we said 'oh I'll just look that up/order that/check our accounts/get a product review/pick a video/etc/etc/etc' and were then left nonplussed by our inability to do so. And of course I couldn't play WoW - it was horrible! However we now have Sky, which is currently whipping along at 6 megs, three times as fast as before. I didn't think I'd notice - I thought we'd already made the astonomical leaps from 56k to 512 to 2meg, but actually yes, it's noticably faster. Cool!

No comments: