Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Today, now I'm up to date


I'm just about to start Leon's bedtime routine, it's Tuesday, we had swimming today, which as usual went well. Ellen is much more confident in the water now with Leon during the lessons - she's kindly agreed to take Leon while I'm recovering from giving birth. I bought him a tummy band today so with his arm bands he's pretty much swimming by himself anyway. The biggest problem is making sure he doesn't slip up on the side, in the water, he's a force to be reckoned with. Today I noticed his feet were closer to the surface while he swam, so his body is flatter, rather than cycling his legs, semi upright.
Words are coming on too, we have 'up' 'down' 'door' ' cake' 'yogurt (go got)' 'daddy' 'da (grandad)' 'mama' 'water' 'ta (thank you)' 'car' 'bus' 'bath' 'nana' and perhaps a few more coming on. Frustrations involve mainly screams and he doesn't ask for anything like a drink, just comes over and whinges until I get up. I've got him out of his sleeping bag the last couple of nights and under a blanket/duvet in preparation for going into a normal bed, so far, he's sleeping better, if anything, it has been mild so this is the right time of year to try this that's for sure. He won't go into a normal bed until he's done a few sleeps in the bed during the day, and then probably after Newbie is born.
I feel fine, a week and a half to go to due date, I do get tired and get back ache but mostly by pacing myself things are fine. Leon is dragging me upstairs now so that will be it for now.

No comments: