Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tuesday 27th May 2008 11.20am - The house has been warmed.














































Feeling like a snooze, Leon's just about asleep by now I think, it seems to have gone quiet, he should get about an hour's sleep before swimming this afternoon. I think I'll join him. The end of this week I'll be 38 weeks, the midwife is coming round tomorrow to discuss the birth plan and check me out to see how things are. I realised last week that what with moving and a change of midwife halfway through, that I was completely behind with checks etc. Newbie is moving around a lot and I'm getting bigger, so I'm not worried in the slightest, worth getting things up to date though.
We had the house-warming at the weekend which was wet and a bit cold but apart from that a brilliant success, we gauged the food pretty much perfectly and apart from having quite a lot of fizzy drinks left (would have been drunk, no doubt with warmer weather) everything went. I intend to hold another couple later in the year to welcome Newbie and maybe for our wedding anniversary so the unopened fizzy and beer will be fine. At a guess I estimated between 40 and 50 people came in total, some had gone before others arrived, some stayed from midday till evening, others just an hour or so so it was a good mixture, if a little crowded inside, especially with 8 sprogs under 4 in the house.
The house seemed to be thoroughly warmed through and a lot of people complemented us on the house saying it was really lovely and looked like we'd settled in well, which we most certainly have.
We will no doubt do some decorating next year, I'd like to re-do Leon's room when they start to share the room, next year, for example. For now, we need to save up for a new boiler, the old one is very old, it's been checked and should go for a while longer but if anything, that should be the thing to do first.
Michelle, Dan and Ellen were great and provided us with some help sorting out food, putting up the gazebo in the rain and clearing up during and after the party. Dan and Ellen also gave us a house-warming prezzie – the same Camera they've got! It's a Canon Ixus 70, which is a 7megapixel digital camera. Considering how often we borrow theirs it is the perfect present, especially with Newbie imminent.
I think I'm going to take that snooze now...

No comments: