Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Chuckles the alarm clock

Michelle is here for a couple of days, she's off to Canterbury on Friday for a recky of the university so if she gets the marks in her Bachelors in Middleburg, she will be doing a double masters at Canterbury in Human Rights and Criminal Justice next year. It will be nice to have her in England. I dare say it still wont be cheap for her to visit us in Ely though. In fact the flight from Holland will probably be cheaper than the train knowing this country.
I dragged Michelle with me to my first Post Natal Class. She sat in the corner and read, I did feel guilty for dragging her along. All the mothers shared their birth stories and talked about their babies and breast feeding trials and tribulations. It's amazing the variety in experience, size, development in a dozen babies born between 7 and 15 weeks ago. Some early, some late, some more or less on time.
It's really nice to have some company too, I have more incentive to get out of the house than when I'm on my own, especially with the crap weather we've been having.
Having fed for over an hour and been mostly asleep, I've just given him to Tob to get to sleep and now he's having the biggest hissy fit (Leon, that is). He sounds like a muppet being tortured.
Ahh quiet, Tob has definitely not lost his talent for settling Leon, right from the first night we brought him home. When I shared my birth story with the other mums, I had to say how much support Toby was to me during the Labour, I really think it wouldn't have been as quick without him to help me get the pushing bit so the energy was pushing Leon out rather than me screaming it out of my mouth, especially listening to the other women's experiences. I moan at Tob for forgetting to put out the recycling but when it comes down to it, he's there when it really matters.
I spent Monday and Tuesday doing a massive sort out of baby clothes prompted by a bundle of clothes coming from Sarah the Goth from Matthew. Over Christmas Leon well and truly grew out of all the newborn stuff and is in 0-3m and even some 3-6months - mostly bad sizing but some none the less. The living room had huge mountains of clothes, and it involved sorting out every thing so it could go on freecycle in a way that some poor sod didn't end up with as much as I did. When I'd finished I had two massive Boxes with carrier bags of assorted things from 10xplain white new born vests to Assorted newborn boys clothes. I split them into lots of bags and labled them so they could go on freecycle listed and people could say exactly what they wanted - there was so much, there's only so many scratch mits, tiny hats, knitwear etc a person can handle. Most of it's been picked up now mostly to two young couples, picked up by the grandmums. I still have masses of clothes and a massive Laundry bag of bigger stuff to come, plus I dare say I'll still get bits and pieces handed down from Matthew. I will ensure I keep my God Son well sorted for presents and cuddles :) I've got a really nice selection of new born clothes I'm keeping for when we have a go for a sibling for Leon - mostly unisex stuff in yellow, white, cream and green, but I've kept all the stuff that was most popular for Leon incase we have another boy.
Why chuckles the alarm clock? Chuckles is going to bed about 10pm and sleeping until 6.45am almost to the minute for the last few days. I think that's more or less sleeping through. He goes back to sleep after feeding for about 30mins and then we sleep until about 8-9am so I'm pretty much better off for sleep than I was when I was working full time (providing I go to bed by 11pm). I dare say, when he starts getting colds etc things will be different.

No comments: