Friday, January 05, 2007

Nappy wash

Back to normal, at home with Leon. Sarah was coming round for lunch but had to cancel due to poorly toddler. I dread the thought of poorly toddler, it will come thats for sure.
Leon is currently in the bouncer in the kitchen watching the washing machine go round. I put him there while I made lunch and he seemed so happy there, I left him there when I brought my lunch next door to check my emails etc. I don't think I've got much time left, he's quiet but I hear the odd squeak, he's gone nearly half an hour there, the wash takes just under an hour...
I misread the signs this morning, thinking he couldn't possibly be hungry. He woke up an hour after a feed and was unconsolable, I changed him, bounced him, cuddled him but nothing worked, he was crying so hard I saw tears for the first time (they come through anytime from 6 weeks I've read). He did need feeding, I was very relieved it was a feed he wanted as it's really worrying not knowing what's wrong once you've done the usual list of possible reasons.
Oh well, the washing machine is on the last spin, and the whimpers have started. I wonder what else I can wash...

No comments: