Saturday, December 23, 2006

Holland here we come!

We were up pretty early on Wednesday morning, stuffing the car full of baby equipment and clothes for the trip to Holland. It was pretty foggy on the way to Harwich, so we were glad we were going by boat as lots of planes were cancelled (not that we would have got all the stuff on a plane!). Freezing cold again:



The crossing wasn't too bad, pretty quick to get on the boat, fairly decent lunch. Leon was well behaved, had to change and feed him but facilities were pretty good. He even got a bendy baloon though I think we was a bit tired by this point:



The evening traffic in Holland wasn't too bad, and we found our way pretty directly to the house, where Leon was fussed over :)



We were pretty tired by the trip though - I'm blogging this on Saturday and we've had lots of lie-ins and mid-morning snoozes the last couple of days:





Went shopping yesterday, to Prenatal and Ikea. Got presents for all the children we'll be seeing in the next few days and a few bits for us. Leon slept a long time though woke just as we were leaving, so it was a rush to get to the car to feed him. I had to leave C with Leon and go fetch the car, but luckly I'd earlier asked C "what does that sign mean?" so I knew how to get to the loading-bay by myself. Talking of driving by myself, I took Margaret to an evening class and manged to find my way back home and back to the community center to pick her up again, without knocking over any mad cyclists or running into the mad bus drivers, now that's got to be worth applauding :)

We also went shopping today, to get me a Xmas present. Last Saturday before Xmas, so it was pretty hectic. The Dutch are very nice people, but in crowds and on the roads they're so impatient! Leon again slept while we were out (I think it's the pushchair action) so all was calm until the trip home when Sir woke up and demanded to be fed, which was too difficult on a tram so he had to wait (not something he does readily and without complaint!). Next time we'll take a dummy with us and perhaps wake him to feed him before setting off on the return trip. Yes, we will learn one day. We did find he could be consoled with him sucking his thumb, but it was quite hard because the snow-suit is so thick he can hardly bend his arms!



Of course when we got home after a feed, it was time for some more cuddles. Note the Scotland bib!



Thomas is cooking for us tonight (Niccola's boyfriend) so I thought I'd blog while he does his stuff. John was kind enough to set up Bluetooth on his Apple so that's how I got the photos from my phone onto Blogger. Ooh, forgot to tell you - new phone! I got it just a couple of days before we left England - Sony W810i. It's very nice and Christine's jealous. Which? did a mobile phone article in this month's magazine - one of the Sony's had a better camera, but in the shop I couldn't use it, the buttons were too small, and in fact I'd secretly decided I wanted the other one anyway, because it plays MP3's and has a radio as well as having a fairly decent camera. Oh and you can make phone calls with it too... ;) I had to pay something towards the phone but otherwise it's covered by my contract with O2 - they looked up if they could get me a better contract for the money but actually mine's 3x better than what they could offer me so I kept on with my good thing (can't remember where I got the contact, I think it was at a Homes Expo or something, but it's jolly good).




Tummy's been mostly ok, though I had to take another anti-cramp pill this morning. Might have to take another one now I think. I've been eating well though, so I think this is the last vestiges of it. That's three weeks - nasty. Talking of food, I can smell something nice downstairs so I better wrap this up. Now I know I can blog I'll try to do it a bit more regularly. TTFN!

No comments: