Monday, December 04, 2006

Work tours

Today, Tob and I took Leon in to my work, his old work in Cambridge (see photo of Jackie holding Leon) and Tob's new work in Royston. Its funny, you spend months being pregnant and being at work, knowing that there will be that day when you bring him in to show him off. Unfortunately my Boss, Colin was off sick to day so I didn't get to introduce Leon to him. I chatted with a good few colleagues and got to feel pretty proud of our Leon. I hadn't thought about it strangely but it was really nice to be able to say, yep, we managed a natural birth, no it didn't take ages - only 3 hours give or take, we are getting some sleep - he feeds during the night and goes back to sleep and the breast feeding is going well. Sally said she expected as I was so laid back and organised at work that I'd fall to pieces or at least find it harder than I expected. Not really, it's not easy - work is easier, or at least more predictable but it's definitely very satisfying. It's an amazing privilege to bring a little tot into the world. Leon was really chilled all day and slept through most of it. It was the first day out and about with the reusable nappies and they performed brilliantly too and the changes we did went really smoothly, it's no more complicated than using disposables. We just have to pick the vests more carefully as the smaller ones don't go over the bulkier nappy. Posted by Picasa

No comments: